Dublin Corporation Map of ye Strand of ye North side of ye Channel of ye River Anna Liffe. As it was granted and set out in Easter Assembly 1717 by ye Right Honourable Thomas Bolton Esq.
This beautiful map gives detailed information on the distribution of the land reclaimed from the sea by the construction of the North Wall, the area now known as the North Lotts. The embankment of the Liffey had commenced in 1717 and the North Wall was completed in 1729. The area was distributed among members of the Corporation by drawing lots; hence its name.
For a listing of maps held in the Special Collections visit the Reading Room web pages.
For more information on Georgian Dublin see the Dublin City Library catalogue.