Source: The Belvederian, 1951, Periodical Collection, Dublin City Library and Archive.
Ireland can make a case for being the original home of the Cream Cracker. The Jacobs Biscuit factory had its origins in 1851, in Waterford. Cream Crackers were first produced in 1884, and by 1916 the Jacob’s Bishop Street factory was a major employer. Numerous young girls in the 1911 census list their employment as a “Jacob’s factory girl.” The factory was occupied by the insurgents during the Easter Rising. After a long history, including a move from Bishop Street (the site of the building is now the home of the National Archives) to Tallaght, the Jacobs presence as a Dublin employer finally ended with the closure of the factory in 2009. The name is still in use however, by separate companies producing sweet and savoury biscuits.
For further information, see Seamus O Maitiu: W & R Jacob: celebrating 150 years of Irish biscuits.