Slide DS02_12: 19-21 Dame St; Andrew and Co Tea
Source: Advertisement, perhaps from newspaper; 1840-1842
The pleasantly decorated shop windows of Andrew & Co. Tea and Wine Merchants shone out upon the corner of Dame Street and South George's Street. Established in the late 1830s, the large premises were composed of a well-stocked grocery department, an Italian warehouse and a provision department containing ham, butter and cheese. Picnic hampers could be made up at the shortest notice while elaborate Christmas hampers were their speciality.